Chinese Company Buys Smithfield Foods with Giant Merger Profits
China’s Shuanghui International recently bought Smithfield foods, the biggest pork producer and processor in the world- and Smithfield’s monetary benefits could skyrocket. The American company could receive about .6 million in merger-related payments. These two food giants are no doubt creating a first, considering this is the largest Chinese takeover of an American company yet.
U.S. court lets Ex-Im Bank loan for Air India stand
A U.S. appeals court let stand a decision by the U.S. Export-Import Bank to finance the sale of 30 Boeing wide-body jets to Air India in a legal challenge brought by Delta Air Lines .
Icahn seeks to allay fears over lack of financing for Dell bid
Billionaire investor Carl Icahn told Dell Inc shareholders that an investment bank would help fund his offer for the PC maker as he sought to assuage concerns over his means to fund the bid.
Video Rating: / 5
Adam Kujawa, director of Malwarebytes Labs, discusses the latest Malwarebytes Labs Cybercrime Tactics and Techniques Report, why the report is unlikely to make organizations very happy and how the findings will affect the cybersecurity industry in the years to come.
– Join us in the fight against cybercrime: https://www.infosecinstitute.com
– Special offer for Cyber Work listeners: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/podcast
In the podcast, Kujawa and host Chris Sienko discuss:
– How did you get interested in cybersecurity? (1:45)
– Do you sill find yourself having to learn new skills in your position? (2:30)
– What are some of the hard and soft skills that have been most helpful to you in your role at Malwarebytes? (3:05)
– How is the data for Malwarebytes compiled and how long are you crunching the numbers? (3:40)
– What members of your team are responsible for compiling the data and who is responsible for find the meaning in that data? (4:45)
– What was the most troubling finding in the report? (5:30)
– Why is ransomware against individuals down 33 percent? (6:35)
– What’s behind the enormous rise in Trojan malware? (11:20)
– Have the more subtle forms of cyber-attack changed the way you detect threats? (14:25)
– What caused the end of the cryptomining craze? (15:55)
– What preventative steps should businesses take to combat the rise of malware? (18:05)
– What skills should up-and-coming cybersecurity professionals focus on? (22:15)
– What do you recommend organizations do if they get infected with ransomware? (24:20)
– Can the Malwarebytes forums help with malware infections like cryptomining? (25:40)
– What steps should businesses take in response to this report? (26:35)
Want to hear more conversations like these? Subscribe to the Cyber Work Podcast:
– Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/cyber-work/id1419689068
– Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9yZXNvdXJjZXMuaW5mb3NlY2luc3RpdHV0ZS5jb20vZmVlZC9wb2RjYXN0Lw
– Subscribe on Android: https://subscribeonandroid.com/resources.infosecinstitute.com/feed/podcast/
– Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/05JXEWn4e1Iv9Knbnm1ELE
At Infosec, we believe knowledge is the most powerful tool in the fight against cybercrime. We help IT and security professionals advance their careers with a full regimen of certifications and skills development training. We also empower all employees with security awareness and training to stay cybersecure at work and home. Founded by smart people wanting to do good, Infosec educates entire organizations on how to defend themselves from cybercrime. That’s what we do every day — equipping everyone with the latest security skills so the good guys win.
Learn more at infosecinstitute.com.
Video Rating: / 5